Bruises disappear, broken bones heal and physical scars fade, But what about the emotional ones, The ones people don’t see. those on the inside? Do they ever go away? Can so called normality return to everyday life? And do victims ever really recover from the affects of child abuse???
We want to know what you think . Share you views and opinions and have your say….
Child abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional mistreatment or neglect of a child or children. This includes – Neglect – Physical abuse – Medical neglect – Sexual abuse – Psychological abuse
The following statistics can be found @ http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics/
- A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
- More than five children die every day as a result of child abuse
- Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.
- It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates.
- More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way.
- Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
- About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
- About 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
- The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion.
- Children who experience child abuse & neglect are 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile, 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult, and 30% more likely to commit violent crime.
Help on Recognizing and Preventing Child Abuse – Links -
We look foward to hearing what you have to say. tomthumb
+1 us on Google
Like us on Facebook and visit the homepage @ http://www.facebook.com/Tomthumbinfo