What is happening to the world that we live in??? Is it going to the dogs???
Tom thumb wants to know what do you think? Have your say and share your views and opinions about the issues that shape the world that we live in . We look forward to hearing what you have to say.
The world changes every second sometimes for the better but also for the worse.
War, poverty and famine have been around since the dawn of time, but now we also face a whole new multitude of issues that plague our everday lives and shape the world that we live in.
Corruption, injustice, abuse, discrimination, racism, bullying and all the different forms that these take seem to be on the rise. It is impossible to go a day without opening the paper or watching the news and seeing or hearing about one of the things happening and those are just the cases that are reported. The majorityof case are never reported.
Like we have said not only have these problems risen but also they have diversified taking on many diffent forms.
– Corruption such as favoritism, authority, tributary, competence and bribery affect evryone form the little man to big companies and organization shaping and controling the way people live for benificial gain of the few.
– Injustice takes on many forms such as oppression and inequality but always ends with the same outcome, people suffer and die due to neglect of those in power and those with the ability to make changes.
– Abuse is one of the issues where we dont actually realise just how much of a big problem this is. Case are often not reported immediatly and it isnt till several years later where we hear the victims story. Over the past decade we have heard more and more stories of abuse in child and elderly care homes, schools and where it is least expected in the home.Abuse does not discriminate and can affect everyone from the very young to the very old, male and female and of any race and/or religion. It can be both psychological and physical and leaces scars which aren’t just on the surface.
– Discrimination and racism is another growing issue. we see it hitting the headlines more and more in the workplace, in the community, on the tv ( such as in football games etc, the people we look up to as role models.) everywhere due to differential views and beliefs and a downturn in repect and common courtesey .
– Bullying is a form of abuse and can be both psychological and phyiscal. Types include School bullying, Workplace bullying, Bullying in academia, Bullying in information technology, Bullying in medicine, Bullying in nursing, Bullying in teaching, Cyber-bullying, Gay bullying, Bullying of the disabled, Bullying in prisons, Bullying in the military. It hapens every second of every minute of everyday. Bullycide is a fairly new problem linked to bullying and is defined as the suicide of the victim due to the results and affects of bullying. Victims live in a constant state of fear and confusion in their lives. Many feel the only way to escape is to take their own life. The innocent end up paying with theier lives because of the guilty
Although we try to oppress these issues, standing up against them they seem to persist and as the world advances so do the problems that we face.
Not only do we face these issues but we have also seen a rise in criminal activty,rape and traffiking, shootings, knife crime, muggings and drugs. The world is forever changing around us and so are the places that we live. In some cases been able to go out after dark is unadvisible as the streets aren’t safe, been in the wrong part of town where crime and violence is rife and purely chance because of been in the wrong place at the wrong time. A recent story we posted showed that it is more likely to be murdered than winning big on the lottery(http://tomthumb.info/tt/index.php/2012/06/25/lottery-vs-murder/ .) This is a very scary thought. Over the past few decades, even the last decade everday life has changed so much, Long gone are the days of honour, respect, common courtesy and we are becoming more like our neanderthal ancestors than we have ever been, de-evolving both socially and morally as time passes. Ask your parents and grand-parents how life was growing up for them and you can see how differnt life is today.As generations have past some things may have gotten better but there is a lot more that has gotten worse. All you need to do is look around you and you will be able to see all the bad and wrong doings in the world, and the affect theses issues are having in business but most of all in personal life.
What do you think??? Is the world going to the dogs? Are we de-evolving? Do we care more about what we can get then morals etc? We all the world is changing but is it for better or worse? Wat can be done in the fight against these issues?
Have your say and let us know what you think…..
+1 us on Google
Like us on Facebook and visit the homepage @ http://www.facebook.com/Tomthumbinfo